Friday 8 March 2013

An Interview With Walk-On Girl Nicola Cowell

This is an interview with Sky Walk-on girl Nicola Cowell



Nicola is a firm Darting favourite, the Liverpool lass is a hugh hit on our Tv screens when the Darts is on, and now also on the Exhibition Circuit.



1: How did you find out about being a walk-on girl?

I joined an agency about 5 years ago and the first job I had was a Walk-on girl, it was a great experience and I have subsequently started my own company www.nc-management.co.uk




2: How long have you been doing it for?

5 years.



3: What’s your favourite Darts tournament?

Either Blackpool or the Worlds are my favourite darts tournament.


 

4: What’s been your Darting highlight?

Getting to meet and work with some fantastic crew and making good friends along the way.


 

5: Are you any good at darts?

I worked at an exhibition recently and wa asked to play against the organiser in front of the audience - and I soon found out that no I'm not particularly good at darts haha


 

6: Have you got any ambitions?

I would like to go off and live abroad again for a short time, I have my company set up now which I mentioned earlier so I have been concentrating on that.I have lots of exhibitions booked in - one in Holland, one in Spain, Everton Football club and also an exhibition with Stoke footballers coming up along with some other regular exhibitions that go on throughout the year.




 

7: If you could have your own walk-on music, what would it be?

If I had my own walk on music it would have to be Beyonce Single Ladies hahaha



8: What would you Darting nickname be?

Nickname : i will let you come up with one for me haha



9: Do you have a favourite Darts Player?

to be honest they're all fantastic I have worked with them for 5years now- I do a lot of work with Andy Smith he is very funny - Terry Jenkins- Steve Beaton- Andy Hamilton - it's so hard I choose one lol


 

10: Tell me something we don’t know about you?

I have size 8 feet haha- I like adventures and travelling and I am a bit of a tom boy off screen.


 

11: What do you like to do in your spare Time, if you have any?

I spend a lot of my spare time with friends or family- I have a few small nephews and nieces who I love looking after and always make me laugh.


 

12: Any advice for someone wanting to get involved in being a walk-on girl?

Walk-on girls get in touch with me as I have connections with exhibition organisers- girls should be confident, attractive but most importantly have a good friendly personality - if a model has no personality or is rude then she won't go far- the darts isn't just about walking on with the players and looking pretty it's interacting with fans and co-workers.



A big thank you to Nicola for doing this interview, it was a pleasure.



This interview was done by Richard on the 7th of March 2013.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment