Wednesday 3 April 2013

An Interview With PDC 'Young Gun' Ricky Evans

This is an interview with PDC youth finalist Ricky Evans.





Ricky has had a fantastic few months so far. He has got to the final of the youth tour that will be played live on TV on the last night of the Premier league and also did very well in one of the UK Open qualifiers. I thought that we should get to know one of the 'Team Nevada' players a little bit better.




1. When did you start playing darts? When did it start getting ‘serious’?

I first started playing darts when i was about 10 years old, i played some local leagues and went to a darts weekend in Great Yarmouth and got to the under 12s final and had a standing ovation, ever since then I've been hooked.




2. How did you and Nevada come about?

I just remember getting a text from Jon at a county weekend saying how they would love to have me on board, i thought it was a joke at first, but i have loved being a part of Team Nevada so far.




3. Who do you play your non PDC darts for?

I play for The Talisman in Corby on a Monday, Captain my own Young Guns team, Athletic Allstarz on a Tuesday and i play Super League for the Burton Bulldogs.




4. You have had a fantastic season so far. Any major ambitions?

My main goal has always been to play on live TV and now I'm guaranteed 4 games already this year, so I'm pretty chuffed.









5. What’s your favourite tournament?

I have always loved watching the UK open, i quite like the excitement of not knowing what your draw will be, like the FA cup in football.





6. Describe your throw in 3 words.

Rapid, Colourful, Accurate!





7. What was the highlight of 2012?

Getting to a PDC youth tour final in Wigan.









8. What do you do to relax away from darts?

I love my music, also bit of snooker and cycling.





9. Tell me something we don’t know about you?

Erm, my sister is an awesome darts player when she's in full health, definitely one to watch in the ladies game.





10. Do you have any darts weaknesses?

A couple of years ago i would say I'm too fast but i have slowed down quite a bit, people have told me I'm too nice or not tough enough.





11. Whats your walk-on tune and why? If not that, what else would you walk on tune be?

At the moment i walk onto "I'm in the mood for dancing", It could be a list of about 50 songs if I'm honest, i normally go for something cheesy and weird haha, but i do like dance music also.





12. Do you take much notice of the social media side of darts i.e.: Twitter, Face book etc.

I'm always on them (probably too much sometimes), i find it a fun way of chatting and relaxing sometimes.









13. When your not playing do you enjoy watching any other players play? Who?

I love watching Dave Chisnall play, also Denis Ovens as the guy is a legend!!





14. What darts do you use?

I currently use Vincent Van Der Voorts darts, maybe i will have my own set one day you just never know.





15. Do you have any Darting heroes?

My darting hero is simply my Dad, he got me into darts and taught me everything, he struggles with dartitus at the moment but still a quality county player.





16. Team Nevada has been tagged the ‘Young Guns’, A good description?

Well Mr Buntings the 2nd oldest and i think he is in his late 20s and that's not forgetting Jim Walker, its a great team we've got and i look forward to every weekend with them all:)





A big thank you to Ricky for doing this interview and also to Jon Archer for setting it up.



This interview was done by Richard on the 1st of April 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment