Monday 8 April 2013

An Interview With Super G Gaz Cousins

This is an interview with Team Nevada player Gareth 'Super G' Cousins.







Super G has had a good 6 months seeing him Reach the final of the East Midlands open and also getting to the Quarter finals of the PDC Challenge Tour 1 among others.




1. When did you start playing darts? When did it start getting
‘serious’?

I first started playing darts at the age of about 11 or 12. From that age up until I was 18 I only ever played for fun at home. At 18 I started to play for a pub called The Trap in Barrow-upon-Soar on a Thurs night, the pub is not even there anymore. It all started from there really.



 


2. How did you and Nevada come about?

After I gained a tour card at Q School in 2012. I had a conversation with Jon and I was delighted to join the team. Nevada have given me a great opportunity to play on the pro tour and with the team behind me I can hopefully keep progressing through the professional ranks.




3. Who do you play your non PDC darts for?

Soar Valley in the Leicestershire Superleague.




4. You have had a fantastic season so far. Any major ambitions?

Major ambition is to play on TV really, and then push on and make it a regular thing.





5. What’s your favourite tournament?

Has to be the World Darts Championship I think, i hope to be there soon enough. Having been to watch at Alexandra Palace before, I cant imagine there's many better places to throw a dart.







6. Describe your throw in 3 words.

Rhythmic, Fast and Wristy!






7. What was the highlight of 2012?

Gaining the tour card and then playing at the Reebok in the UK open I think. Also playing in the European events in Vienna and Berlin were great experiences.




8. What do you do to relax away from darts?

I like to play/watch most sports really. Big football and golf fan especially, love to play a round whenever I can.





9. Tell me something we don’t know about you.

I use Welsh flag flights because both my Mum and Dads sides of the family have connections with Wales.





10. Do you have any darts weaknesses

I used to rush my throw quite a lot but I think ive grown out of that now!







11. Whats your walk-on tune and why? If not that, what else would you walk on tune be?

At the recent Exhibition I walked on to The Klaxons- Alantis to interzone. I chose it cause I think its the sort of fast paced song thats perfect for a darts walk-on.




12. Do you take much notice of the social media side of darts i.e.: Twitter, Facebook etc

I regular check Twitter but I dont have a Facebook account.







13. When your not playing do you enjoy watching any other players play? Who?

I do enjoy watching darts. I enjoy watching the players that make the game look easy when they're at their best, I think Adrian Lewis is a great example of that.

 

14. What darts do you use?

I use 24g Unicorn Darts.




15. Do you have any Darting heroes?

I remember that the first time I watched darts on the TV. It was the year Richie Burnett won the worlds so I have always been a fan. Also my Dad, he was a good local player in his day and has got plenty of trophies to prove it, he was the reason I started to play the game.


 

16. Team Nevada has been tagged the ‘Young Guns’, A good description?

Yes its a good description. I'm proud to be part of Nevada and I'm sure you will be hearing a lot more about us in the future!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment