Friday 8 November 2013

PDC Ricky Evans is Ready for the Slam





RICKY EVANS is hoping to upset the odds when he makes his William Hill Grand Slam of Darts debut this weekend.

The Kettering youngster won his spot in the Wolves Civic tournament by reaching the final of the PDC Unicorn World Youth Championship earlier this year.

The 23-year-old has been drawn in Group E for the tournament, meaning that he opens his challenge in front of the Sky Sports cameras on Saturday against reigning champion Raymond van Barneveld, before then playing Mervyn King and Tony O'Shea in the round-robin phase.

But, having reached his first senior final on the PDC ProTour at a Players Championship in Wigan last weekend, the youngster is heading to Wolverhampton with high hopes of causing an upset.

"It is a tough group but I would like to think that I am no mug now and I hope the other players feel that I help make it a tough group," Evans told the Northamptonshire Telegraph.

"I played really well in Wigan last weekend and I beat some very good players. I am feeling good and if I can get on a run then I believe I can have an impact.

"To be drawn alongside someone like Raymond is fantastic and I am sure his fans will be there in full voice, but I am not going to let that bother me."






No comments:

Post a Comment