Wednesday 19 February 2014

An Interview With PDC Player Michael Blake






Michael is one of the newest members of Team Nevada. This is a quick interview to get to know him better.



When did you start playing darts? When did it start getting ‘serious’?

I started playing in May 2008 and it got serious about a year after when I started to play super league and county!





How did you join Team Nevada?

Well we was in reading for a challenge tour and Jacqui and Jon come up to me and gave me advice on my game and it just went from there and in Barnsley on the morning of the world championship qualifiers I sat down with them and discussed everything that is going to happen!





What darts do you use?

25g sky pros.





Who do you play your non PDC  darts for?

I play in two leagues one singles league that is at a very high standard with fellow PDC players and welsh internationals and I play for fun on a Friday night mixed league!





What darting ambitions do you have?

I want to be a world champion!







What’s your favourite tournament?

That's got to be the world championships it's the only tourmant that matters!





Describe your throw in 3 words.

Rhythmic, natural, PERFECT!





What was the highlight of 2013?

That has got to be either winning the Bristol masters or signing for team Nevada!





What do you do to relax away from darts?

I like to chill out by watching movies and I love my soaps especially Emmerdale! I also am a big West Ham fan so I like to watch them play whenever I can!





Tell me something we don’t know about you?

I love bingo! I keep trying to persuade team Nevada to go but they won't have it.









Do you have any darts weaknesses?

I have to admit that I have been known to be mentally fragile and I show my opponents to much emotion if it's not going well!





Whats your walk-on tune and If not that what else would you walk on tune be?

Ne-yo - let's go!





Do you take much notice of the social media side of darts i.e.: Twitter, Face book etc

I do have both but unfortunately I do receive abuse via twitter and Facebook but I try my best to ignore it!





When your not playing do you enjoy watching any other players play? Who?

I have to admire Adrian Lewis and MVG because there fast and fluid and Taylor is the best ever, but my favourite player to watch is Paul Nicholson!





Do you have any darting heroes?

Wayne Mardle and Paul Nicholson!









Have you always wanted to be a darts pro? If you hadn’t of been that what would you be doing now?

When I started playing I wanted to be a pro! I would probably be roofing somewhere in the wet and wind!





Do you enjoy the practice side of darts?

No I hate it but you have to do it or there is no chance you will get anywhere! I just shut the door put the music on and play!





Do you have any funny printable darts stories you can tell me?

None that I can think of really!





If you could change the outcome of a match you have played in what would it be?

Every game I've lost I replay in my head and see where I've gone wrong and try and do it different next time! You can't change any outcome what's done is done!






A big thank you to Michael for doing this interview, it was a pleasure.




This interview was done by Richard on 19th February 2014

 

No comments:

Post a Comment